Black and White Photo of the Fifth Street Building

With the construction of a new facility at North Fifth Street in 1954, Ed Driebe broke ground with the “new” Pocono Produce Company on June 3, 1955. With an already established high-quality fresh line, the addition of frozen foods allowed new opportunities for expansion.

By 1956, another freezer was added to meet the newly expanded delivery area to the nearby Lehigh Valley area and eastward into Northern New Jersey. Pocono could enter new market segments such as schools and healthcare with the addition of frozen foods.

Categories: